21 Days to a More Discipline Life is just realeased today and is filled with practical steps to lead you into a more disciplined life. I was thrilled with the opportunity to read and review this book as self discipline at home is something I need to work on. With this book you choose an area in your life you want to change and you spend 21 days building toward mastering that goal.
It is full of encouragement. At no time does Crystal make you feel bad about where you are. The book is full of motivation to keep moving forward. Goal setting is clearly laid out. Crystal explains how to break big goals down into manageable bite sized pieces.
I like that you read one short chapter per day and then have a small assignment. Each days' reading includes a practical application step that you do to move closer to whatever area you are mastering. Crystal uses the example of establishing an early morning routine for herself that includes getting up at 5am on weekdays. She didn't just start getting up that early but instead took small steps to move toward getting up early as part of her regular routine.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking to add more self discipline into your life in a practical and realistic way. This is a book you can re-read as you move onto another area of you life you want to be more disciplined in.
From Crystal's website:
What You Can Expect to Learn From This Book:
- How to prioritize and name your goals so that you can accomplish them faster than ever.
- How to expose the obstacles that will come up, and then make a plan to conquer them.
- How to break up a goal that feels insurmountable into bite-sized pieces.
- How to stop making excuses and get the job done now — and then enjoy the rest of your day!
- How to put accountability in place to help you stay on task and motivated.
Am I the only one who struggles with self discipline?
(Note: The link in this post is my referral link. Read my disclosure policy here.)