Chocolate Coconut Cookies
from Practical Paleo
makes 12 cookies
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted & cooled
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or 1/2 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended!)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk together the eggs, melted butter, vanilla & maple syrup. Stir in the cocoa powder, baking soda and shredded coconut until it's all combined. Fold in the optional almonds and/or chocolate chips.
Using a tablespoon, scoop out 12 cookie balls onto the cookie sheet and flatten them with a fork. Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly firm to the touch.
If you want raspberries on top you can add one to each cookie after baking and before eating.
The chocolate chips made these much better in my opinion. These cookies are a bit chewier than I like but 2 out of 3 of my boys found the taste and texture just right and gobbled them up. I ate a few more than I should have myself.
This post was shared at: Clever Chicks, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, This Gal Cooks, A Round Tuit, Homestead Barn Hop, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
This post does contain affliate links