Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Natural Hair Lightener


The older I get the less blond I am. My hair has always been blond, from the white blond of my childhood to the the honey blond of adulthood. Now that my thirties are upon me my blondness is darker than I'd like yet I still don't want to do anything unnatural to my hair.

One of my favorite books on making your own beauty treatments is Natural Beauty from the Garden by Janice Cox. She recommends chamomile, lemon juice and vodka as natural hair lighteners; honey works too.

Here's what I put together:


Natural Highlight Spray
1 cup strongly brewed chamomile tea
1 T lemon juice

Mix together and pour into a small spray bottle.  I didn't have any vodka on hand as I used all of mine making vanilla extract but you can also add 1 T of vodka to this mix.

Spray or comb through damp hair every morning before heading outside and gradually the sun's rays will naturally lighten your hair over time.

5 comments:

  1. Any ideas for dark hair that is lightening up-- I'm 30 and my hair gets auburn-brownish in the sun, from it's natural brown -black

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use a walnut rinse. There are also shampoos specific for brown hair, that enhance your brown hair and have a bit of a brown rinse to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Black hair, any idea's? I love your page! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee is a good natural hair darkener. Brew a strong cup of coffee, let cool and rinse hair with it, air dry

    ReplyDelete
  5. any tips to darken grey hair naturally????

    ReplyDelete

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top