Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Natural Anti-Frizz Hair Serum

Frizzy hair is no fun- as I can attest. I've been trying for a long time to tame my unruly mane. I've been looking for something to help with the frizz my wavy hair seems to often have. I like John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Hair Serum but was looking for a natural alternative. I think I've found it and it will ease your frizziness and save you some money too.

Nothing can compare to good old fashion natural ingredients when it comes to conditioning your hair. One of the best conditioners is Jojoba plant oil. Jojoba oil is light and non greasy and is very similar to our bodies' own natural oils in texture. It's been used for centuries by Native Americans and Mexicans as a hair and skin conditioner.


Anti-Frizz Hair Serum
1/4 cup jojoba
1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix together the oils and add a few drops of essential oil for scent if you like. Put a small amount on your palm and massage through your hair. Be careful to only use a small amount or your hair will look like an oily, unwashed mess.

I prefer to put my hair oil in a small spray bottle and spray it on my wet hair and then comb through. I like that better than massaging with my hands as I have sensory issues with getting my hands messy. That's probably just me, right?

This stuff really does help with the frizziness and a little goes a long way!

This post is part of: Natural Living MondaysBackyard Farming ConnectionLiving Green TuesdaysMake Your Own MondayFrugal Days Sustainable WaysHealthy 2Day WednesdaysSmall Footprint Friday

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I need to use anti-frizz stuff and have just run out. I don't like using chemical products on my body, but without something like this I'd just have to shave my head. I'm so glad to know of a natural alternative that works and will now be off scouting for the jojoba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u use coconut oil instead of jojoba oil

    ReplyDelete

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top