Monday, February 4, 2013

Crockpot Garlic Chicken

I love to use my crockpot to cook dinner. It saves me so much time when I can put the meal together in the morning when my boys are gone to school and the house is quiet. Perhaps it's just me but 4-6pm is the craziest part of the day in my house between the homework & sibling fights.

I have three different slow cooker sizes, 1.5 quart, 4 quart & 7 quart and I love to give them each a chance to work for me. I even take at least one on vacation when I know I'll have to cook.

Crockpot Garlic Chicken
Adapted from Make it Fast, Cook it Slow
2-3 pounds chicken (I prefer thighs)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
10-20 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact

Place the oil, salt, paprika, pepper and garlic cloves in a 4 quart crockpot and mix. Add the chicken pieces and stir it together. If you want a one pot meal you can easily add baby carrots and new potatoes on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 3-4. The longer you cook chicken-on-the-bone, the more tender it will be. 



I doubled the recipe when I was assembling and then placed half of it in a freezer bag for a future meal. I labeled it and put it in my deep freeze. I'm trying to do more of this to cut dinner prep time down whenever I can.



This post is featured at: Make Your Own Monday

(Note: some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top