Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cedar Plank Salmon

Salmon is officially my favorite fish. I love it raw as sushi, baked in the oven and grilled. My favorite way to grill it is on a cedar plank. I buy them whenever I find them on sale and I usually pay $1 per board.

I often buy wild caught Pacific salmon from the freezer section at Aldi. When it's grilled on a cedar plank this salmon tastes just as good as grilled salmon at a restaurant.

Cedar Plank Salmon
1 Cedar Plank
4 salmon fillets
1 T. Olive oil
1 t. parsley

Soak the cedar plank in water for at least one hour. Preheat your grill on high for a minimum of 10 minutes. Place the fillets on the wet plank, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley or other herbs. Turn the grill to  medium low and put the plank on the grill. Close your grill and don't look for 10 minutes. Cook until the salmon is no longer shiny or translucent in the middle.  You can see from the before and after pictures below how the finished salmon should look. The flesh should be firm and a little flaky.
* A word of caution: Long ago I did have a cedar plank catch on fire during grilling. I believe it happened because I reused a cedar plank- they can only be used once. Always keep an eye on your grill during cooking and never reuse your plank.
Before- Raw Salmon

After- Grilled Salmon
Grilled Salmon with Steamed Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top