Monday, August 27, 2012

Menu Plan 8/27-9/2

School starts this week and this mama is extremely ready for more structure in our days. My older two boys are in 5th and 2nd grade this year and my little one is in morning preschool. I'm already planning a lot of decluttering projects to get my house back in shape after the chaos of the having 3 boys home all summer long.

For our last weekend before school started we went to Homestead Orchard and picked some Gala apples and then to Heider's Berry Farm in Woodstock for raspberries. I've got a lot of apples to use up so I'll have an afternoon freezer session making my Super apple crisp and some applesauce. I don't have any raspberries to use up as our family ate all six pints we picked in just two days. Yes, we are CRAZY about raspberries. I just wish our own backyard canes would produce more.
Joe is finding just the right apple

Weekly Menu Plan 8/27-9/2
Monday: Crockpot whole chicken with carrots & potatoes
Tuesday:  Salmon Cakes, brown rice, corn on the cob
Wednesday: Pasta with homemade marinara, salad, whole wheat bread
Thursday: Grilled burgers, hotdogs & leftovers
Friday: Tacos with 1/2 cup pureed lentils mixed in
Saturday: Homemade Pizza
Sunday: Orange chicken, steamed green beans, quinoa 

You can find lots more menus at Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Organizing Junkie.
What recipes are you trying this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top