Saturday, March 17, 2012

Project Simplify Week Two

This week was a much slower & simpler pace than I had anticipated as I recovered from an illness that laid me low for a couple of days. As a result of being sick I was playing catch up all week with just the normal household things. I did make time on Thursday and Friday to clean out and organize some cabinets but I didn't get to as much of the kitchen as I'd wanted to.

Before: the Spice Cabinet


After:I bought a small spice rack to fit in the cabinet and organize 18 of my smaller spices. I like that this rack is small enough to fit inside a cabinet and not take up my limited counter space.


Before: Above the microwave

After: I purged a couple of things and moved some other items up there to store.

Before: Above the Refrigerator

After: This was a catch-all area that confiscated toys went to hide. We also keep the kids candy bags up there. I cleared it off and gave the area a much needed wipe down. I relocated some things back to their places and threw some other things away. This area looks SO MUCH BETTER!

Before

After: I did the least in this cabinet. I purged a few things and rearranged a few others.

Week Two is over and I'm so happy to have a simpler, more organized kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I also keep candy on top of the fridge to stop the kids from eating it, but they are such monkey's they will climb to get it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top