Monday, May 21, 2012

Menu Plan 5/21- 5/27

Grilled Steak & Asparagus
I'm spending the next couple of weeks eating (primarily) from the pantry and freezer just like Stephanie at Keeper of the Home. We have some unexpected medical bills to pay off from my son's accident a couple months ago and we're also saving up to replace my husband's 14 year old Honda Civic. I'm flexing my frugal muscles and I'm going to get creative with the food we have on hand. I'll still shop weekly for produce and dairy but the rest will come from what I've got on hand.

Keeping the grocery budget under control has always been hard for me as I love to buy and make good food. I also have 3 growing boys that eat constantly and a husband with the fastest metabolism of anyone I've ever met!

Since the weather is warmer and we are spending more time outside I'm planning to grill a couple of times this week.



Weekly Menu Plan 5/21- 5/27
Monday: Grilled Chicken Drumsticks, baked potatoes, Asparagus
Tuesday: Cedar Plank Salmon, rice, steamed broccoli
Wednesday: Pasta with homemade marinara, wheat rolls & tossed salad
Thursday: Crockpot BBQ beef short ribs, baked potatoes, steamed green beans
Friday: Tacos
Saturday lunch: Grilled Steak, tossed salad
Saturday dinner: Pizza
Sunday lunch: Leftovers & salad
Sunday dinner: Burgers & hotdogs grilled in the firepit
What's on your menu plan this week?

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious! I should also work on eating out of the pantry and freezer - they are both stuffed to the brim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the challenge too ! Just popped over from Keep of the Home .....

    ReplyDelete

RELATED POSTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top